Workers' Compensation Claims

Workers Compensation Attorney Corbin, KY

Workers' Compensation Claims

Employers in the State of Kentucky are required to carry workers' compensation insurance—also referred to as workman's comp. However, just because they have a legal obligation to carry the insurance coverage doesn't necessarily mean that they will file your claim. If you are the employee of an organization in the State of Kentucky and are injured on the job, you have the right to reimbursement for medical expenses and lost wages through your employer's workers' comp policy. If you are having difficulties filing a workers' compensation claim with your employer, or you have discovered that your employer didn't have a valid workers' comp policy at the time of your accident, Freeman, Childers & Howard, Attorneys at Law are prepared to help you.

How Workers' Comp Works in Kentucky

All employers, with the exception of those involved in the agriculture industry, are required to carry WC insurance through a competitive state fund, a private insurance company, or they may self insure. Regardless of which route your employer has chosen to take, when a workplace injury occurs it should be reported immediately to your supervisor or manager. However, you should never delay medical treatment. If for instance, you have an accident, but don't realize you are hurt until later, seek medical attention and then notify your employer as expeditiously as possible. If you have any difficulty processing a claim through your employer, or your employer denies your claim, you may need to retain the services of a competent workers' compensation claims attorney. Contact us at our Corbin, KY office immediately.

Knox, Whitley,  and Laurel County Attorneys Representing the Victims of Workplace Accidents

Workman's comp may not fully compensate you for a workplace accident. What it is designed to do is compensate you for medical expenses and a portion of your lost wages. However, if the accident involved gross negligence on the part of the employer, you may be entitled to additional compensation for your pain and suffering. Furthermore, workers' comp death benefits are calculated as a percentage of the deceased worker's wages. To seek additional compensation, you will need to hire a lawyer who is familiar with workplace accident claims—like the attorneys you will find at the Corbin, KY personal injury firm of Freeman, Childers & Howard, Attorneys at Law.

If you've been injured in a workplace accident, or you are the survivor of someone who was killed in one, contact the attorneys of Freeman, Childers & Howard. The number to our Corbin, KY location is (606) 528-1000.