Fighting For Justice, Recovering Compensation After A Wrongful Death
When you lose a loved one due to another person’s actions or negligence, you may not be thinking about your legal options. Nothing will bring back your family member, but know that you have options to pursue financial compensation.
At Freeman Childers, we have helped many families throughout southeastern Kentucky recover compensation after losing a loved one. Our office assists with wrongful death resulting from:
- Workplace accidents and injuries, including illnesses resulting from a dangerous workplace
- Premises liability accidents, such as negligent security, falling objects or other dangerous conditions
- Motor vehicle accidents of any kind, including truck accidents, motorcycle crashes and pedestrian accidents
- Malpractice by medical personnel, including failure to diagnose, neglect of a nursing home patient and medication errors
- Dangerous products, such as faulty equipment, problems with safety designs and undisclosed medication risks
These are just a few examples of situations that may lead to a wrongful death suit. Reach out to our firm to help us determine if you have a claim.
Our Firm’s Key To Success
Our attorneys have a proven track record when it comes to handling wrongful death suits and other types of personal injury cases throughout the state of Kentucky.
One of the key factors to our success is in our preparation. Our legal team will obtain and review accident reports, medical records and police reports. We may also retain the services of specialists and experts, when needed, to help determine the exact details of the accident.
In other words, we will dig deep and learn everything we need to know about the accident that resulted in the death of your family member, and then we will do what it takes for you to receive fair compensation.
The time to grieve and spend with your family is important. However, you have a limited timeframe in which to file your claim. In most cases, a wrongful death action in Kentucky must be filed by your attorney within one year of the date of death.
To properly pursue maximum compensation, your lawyer needs time to prepare the case prior to the expiration of that time limit. Therefore, do not delay in reaching out.
Schedule An Appointment Today
If you’ve lost a loved one due to the negligence of another, find out more about your legal options. To schedule a free initial consultation, contact our Corbin office online or by calling 606-503-0521.